tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Julien OIX <julien....@presidence.univ-nantes.fr>
Subject Re: tomcat 4 + apache 1.3 + WarpConnection
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:30:51 GMT
Domenico Piol a écrit :

> hi
> i'm trying to get my tomcat installation work together with apache 1.3...
> without success. tomcat works fine as standalone, but with WarpConnection
> i get an error:
>
> *** error ****************************************************************
> 2002-02-11 08:51:53 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection]
> Exception on socket
> java.io.IOException: Premature packet header end
>         at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.recv(Unknown
> Source)
>         at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler.handle
> (Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(Unknown
> Source)
>
> 2002-02-11 08:51:54 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector]
> Connection from localhost/127.0.0.1:2394 to localhost/127.0.0.1:8008
> 2002-02-11 08:51:54
> [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler] Filter
> mappings (2)
> 2002-02-11 08:51:54
> [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler] Filter
> mappings (0)
>
> i don't use a virtual host in my apache config, is that the problem ? my
> configs look as follwows:
>
> *** server.xml ***********************************************************
> <!-- Define an Apache-Connector Service -->
>   <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
>
>     <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
>      port="8008" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
>      enableLookups="false" appBase="webapps"
>      acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
>
>     <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set to -
> ->
>     <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
>      name="arakis" debug="0">
>
>       <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
>       <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>               prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
>               timestamp="true"/>
>
>       <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared
> globally -->
>       <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" />
>
>     </Engine>
>
>   </Service>
>
> *** httpd.conf ***********************************************************
> ServerName arakis.local
> LoadModule webapp_module      /usr/lib/apache/mod_webapp.so
> AddModule mod_webapp.c
> DocumentRoot "/usr/local/httpd/htdocs"
>
> ### NOT in a virtual host ####
> WebAppConnection        conn            warp    localhost:8008

the previous line should match something like this:

WebAppConnection        conn            warp    $ServerName:8008

and in your case

WebAppConnection        conn            warp    arakis.local:8008

and in my case, I've added a "Port" directive, matching the tomcat port

which gives, just after your ServerName directive

Port 8008

hopes this helps

> WebAppDeploy            webdav          conn    /webdav
> WebAppDeploy            examples        conn    /examples
>
> WebAppInfo      /webapp-info
>
> tomcat runs as user wwwrun, as well as apache.
>
> i'm thankfull for any hint...
>
> domenico
> domenico piol                                  infometis ag
> eidg. dipl.                                    zuerich
> wirtschaftsinformatiker                        switzerland
>
> email: domenico.piol@infometis.ch
> www:   http://www.infometis.ch/users/dpiol/

Julien OIX
Service Informatique de Gestion