tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gerard van Enk <gerard.van....@eo.nl>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.1 Performance tuning problems
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 19:38:23 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
>>I tried this (not in a live-situation, but with ab), but I don't see any
>>difference. I can't reproduce the situation with ab. But it's still
>>happening in the live-server. Could it be 150 processors isn't enough in
>>our situation?
>>

> Maybe. It depends on the number of simultaneous users accessing the server.
> If you go beyond what a single standalone Tomcat can provide (which is
> constrained by your OS, usually), you have to set up some load balancing
> (using JK and TC 4.0.2).
>
> By your comments, I understand that you also get the "out of processors"
> problem with the HTTP/1.0 connector. Is that right ?
>

>>I would love the help you on this one, but I find it very hard to
>>reproduce it :(
>>

> Same for me. That's why the bug is still not resolved :-(
>

>>I'll do some more testing and keep you informed.

Is there a way (besides netstat) to monitor the incoming connections? Or
to view the status of the connectionpool?

At this moment you only get messages in your log about starting extra
processors, but not when (if) these are being removed. Or isn't that the
case, when the server isn't so busy the number of processors will
decrease 'till the number of the minProcessors?

Gerard