tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gerard van Enk <gerard.van....@eo.nl>
Subject Tomcat 4.0.1 Performance tuning problems
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 22:00:28 GMT
Hello,

We're having some troubles with our Tomcat4.0.1. I'm not sure if there's
a problem in the configuration or if it's something else.
First the configuration:

Sun-Fire-280R/Solaris 8
1024MB Memory
Sun jdk1.3.1_01 with 512MB for the jvm

and the following configuration for the proxy-connector:

                enableLookups="false"
                proxyPort="80"/>

The server is getting about 300000 requests (hits) a day. A while after
starting the server we're getting the following message:

2002-02-07 21:51:29 HttpConnector[8081] No processor available,
rejecting this connection

It looks like the connections aren't freed after being used. But I'm not
sure how I can test it.
Allmost every page contains database-queries, but we're using heavy
caching (in memory and oscaches for the jsp-pages). What can I do,
increase the maxprocessors? But how far can I go, I did some tests, but
it looks like  more than 150 isn't possible. How many memory do I need
per processor?

If somebody could give some hints.....

Gerard
.