tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher K. St. John" <...@distributopia.com>
Subject Re: <TC> Tomcat 4, IOExceptions, <error-page>
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 00:18:14 GMT
Kirby Vandivort wrote:

> I brought this up back in early january...

 It's close, it's a similiar issue, but it's not the same
issue. What I'm saying is that Tomcat 4 will never match:

  <error-page>
    <exception-type> java.io.IOException </exception-type>
    <location> /ioexception.html </location>
  </error-page>

 because all servlet-generated IOExceptions are silently
swallowed up by StandardWrapperValve before they get a
chance to be handled by the <error-page> mechanism.

 This strikes me as bad, but there are comments in the
Catalina code that indicate it's intentional...

--
Christopher St. John cks@distributopia.com
DistribuTopia http://www.distributopia.com