tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lloyd H. Meinholz" <meinh...@bmpcoe.org>
Subject tomcat as HTTP server config question
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:21:39 GMT
For a couple of reasons, we have decided to use tomcat as a http server
as well as our application server. In our current setup with a web
server and an application server, in my web server config there is a
directory of reusable graphics that I refer to as /images which is an
alias to /my/server/dir/images. The directory contains only static
content (graphics). I would like all of my web applications to be able
to refer to files in this dir as /images/my_logo.jpg. Is there a smarter
way to do this than setting up images as a web application via Context?
What I have is:

<Context path="/images" docBase="/my/server/dir/images" debug="0"/>

It just seems weird and wasteful to have this as a web application.
Thanks for any pointers,

Lloyd