tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Liam Holohan <l...@mail.smartframeworks.com>
Subject Re: apache or tomcat
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 18:10:48 GMT
YI,LI (HP-USA,ex1) wrote:

> I also had the unsuccess with mod_webapp/tomcat 4.01, I've switched to AJP
> 1.3 with tomcat 4.01, along with apache 1.3.22, and they are working
> together beautifully.
>
> Li

My two cents...

About building mod_webapp

I had hell building mod_webapp as I was using apache 1.3.22 with ssl (I
was building a httpsd exe )  Trying to build the .so file was hell as
the "make" kept failing on me. (I think the patching of open ssl into
apache wrecks the apxs script, if done like me in a hurry).  The
back-flip manoeuvre I had to do was create a clean install of apache in
a tmp directory and build mod_webapp from the generated apxs script ..
once the mod_webapp.so was built  I copied it into the libexec directory
of my "production" apache.  Worked first time after that.  The pain I
found was actually building mod_webapp.so not integrating it ....

Regards...
Liam