tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Adams <bad...@AEM-TX.com>
Subject RE: Stupid Tomcat Question (NEWBIE!)
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:21:28 GMT
Look in the logs directory and tell us what is happening.

-----Original Message-----
From: jreid@dpt-ltd.co.uk [mailto:jreid@dpt-ltd.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 6:17 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Stupid Tomcat Question (NEWBIE!)

Hi,

I've recently downloaded and installed Tomcat 4.0.1 onto my Apache webserver
and
everything seemed to be working ok for a week or so...

However, the problem now is that Tomcat appears to have died on me!  Whenver
try to view

http://www.dpt-ltd.co.uk:8180/index.html

then nothing happens.  My  browser just sits there trying to open the page,
but
strangely it never times out.  I've tried stopping and restarting the Tomcat
service several times but it doesn't make any difference.  I've also tried
using
 port 8080 and again it doesn't help.

I know this is a very vague question, but do you have any idea what could be
wrong?  Is there any debugging I could do other than continually restarting
the
service?  Are there any log files I could look at which might help?  It
seems
strange that this worked fine up until recently and as far as I know I've
made
no
changes whatsoever to my Tomcat configuration.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to all this.  Please reply
off-list
 if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.