tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Pringle" <jprin...@dadpcxsf.com>
Subject testing install
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 04:16:46 GMT
Using Win 2k Pro, I followed the Tomcat 4 tutorial @ Java Boutique (http://javaboutique.internet.com/tutorials/Tomcat/compile.html)
but ran into a snag while testing the server.  While testing some simple servlets ip lace
a HelloWorld.class example into 'install-directory/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes' and it wouldn't run.
 The server said it couldn't find it.  I moved it over to 'install-directory/examples/WEB-INF/classes'
and it ran fine.  Weird but I continued.  Next was to test servlets that use packages.  I
compiled the servlet with no problem, moved it to the  'install-directory/examples/WEB-INF/classes/moreservlets'
directory but Tomcat doesn't find it.  Is there some configurations I'm missing?  Any ideas,
thanks..