tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "B├╝hrle, Martin, FCI1" <martin.bueh...@lfk.eads.net>
Subject AW: Ho can I make my URL shorter?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:40:48 GMT
To remove Port 8080 You need a webserver, i.e. Apache
Use the mod-Webapp-Module there (see Tomcat-Documentation)

To modify the paths, see text attached (form OpenCMS-Mailing-list, an open
source CMS-System www.opencms.org)
=================================0
all here is for tomcat 4.0

in the <tomcat-home>/conf/server.xml

change the following lines:

into

and
     <!--
          <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
     -->
into

          <Context path="" docBase="opencms" debug="0"/>

note that the xml comment start and end lines have been deleted!

in <tomcat-home>/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/web.xml add this

    <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>OpenCmsServlet</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

before

    <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>OpenCmsServlet</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/opencms/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

thats all.