tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Passey <kpas...@kdpsoftware.co.uk>
Subject TOMCAT 4.0 on port 80
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 11:22:30 GMT
Hi  all,

We have temporarily given up on trying to get Tomcat working with apache as
we seemed to be getting nowhere. What we wanted to do was to only serve
JSP's anyway, but thought it would be a good idea to run it through apache -
commercially we don't have the time to persue this and our static pages are
served by our ISP anyway.

The next problem I need to overcome is to get Tomcat running on port 80 - we
have changed the server.xml file so that both instances of 8080 were changed
to 80. This works on windows but not on SuSE Linux 7.3 - please can you give
me any pointers.

Regards

Kevin Passey