tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: file size limit
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:13:39 GMT

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Mehmet Ugur Kuzu (LinkPlus) wrote:

> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:32:04 +0200
> From: "Mehmet Ugur Kuzu (LinkPlus)" <MehmetK@linkplus.com.tr>
> To: 'Tomcat Users List' <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: file size limit
>
> Hi,
> Is there any file size limit for jsp files in Tomcat,
> I am using JRE 1.3.01 and Tomcat 4.0.2 ,
> and Tomcat does not produce jsp files more then 35 kb,
> I checked and i saw that it produce ".java" files true but
> somehow it does not send all html codes to client.
> sincerely,
> Ugur

There is no size limit on the generated source code imposed by Tomcat
(although there might be some upper limit that javac can handle).  The
size limit that matters is the generated code, which all has to fit into a
single class.  I would suggest looking at the log files produced by Tomcat
to see if your page might have thrown an exception part way through its
execution.

Craig