tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chad kellerman <ckeller...@alabanza.com>
Subject mulitple ports in server.xml
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:27:02 GMT
Good morning,

 It is my understanding that if I set multiple virtual hosts up in Apache 1.3.22/webapp module,
for tomcat 4.0.1, the WebAppConnection directive for the virtual host section needs to contain
a different port for the app to deploy.  This port corresponding to the port set in server.xml.

     Question,

      If I want multiple virtual hosts, how do I set up the server.xml to listen to multiple
ports?

     Can I have multiple connectors under one serverice name?  For example:

<Server port="8005" shutdown"SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
	<Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
		<!-- for virtual host 1 -->
		<Connector="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
		 enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

		<!-- for Virtual host 2 -->
                <Connector="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
		 enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

       then the rest of the config...bla bla bla....

I have not been able to get this to work??  I have seen Named Based Virtual hosts work, but
I want just Virtual Hosts.  Each domain will have their own ip address.

    I am stuck, can anyone offer any ideas that I might have over looked???

Thanks again,

-chad