tomcat-users mailing list archives

From August Detlefsen <augustd...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Stupid Tomcat Question (NEWBIE!)
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:09:13 GMT
Usually when I get that exception on startup it means that tomcat
didn't comletely shut down the previous time. Try running the
shutdown.sh script again to make sure it fully shut down.

-August

--- Victor Martinez <victor.martinez@ariceta.com> wrote:
> This exception tells you that other program is listening at this
> port, so
> tomcat can?t listen there and don?t start.
> Stop the other program after you start tomcat or change ports where
> tomcat
> will listen.
>
> Vico

org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector.initialize(WarpConnector.ja
> va)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java)
> ----- Root Cause -----
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:452)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:170)
>         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:121)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultServe

=== message truncated ===