tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Wynter <david_wyn...@yahoo.com>
Subject addChild invalid argument
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:58:45 GMT
I have just copied a Turbine project i was working on
onto my notebook computer so I can work on it while
travelling. I set up CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME
correctly. I have copied the whole thing to exactly
the same directory (c:\tdk is CATALINA_HOME).

This is the exception I get.

2002-02-23 03:52:03 StandardHost[localhost]: Deploying
web application at context path /rwtransform from URL
file:C:\tdk\webapps\rwtransform
2002-02-23 03:52:04 StandardHost[localhost]:
ContainerBase.addChild: start:
LifecycleException:  start: :
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
addRepositoryInternal: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardLoader.start(StandardLoader.java:596)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1136)

----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
addRepositoryInternal: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(StandardClassLoader.java:1073)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepository(StandardClassLoader.java:361)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardLoader.start(StandardLoader.java:589)

I even tried to deploy as by building a WAR and
letting the servlet unpack it, same result. Both
server.xml and web.xml look OK.

any ideas?

Thanks

David