tomcat-users mailing list archives

From August Detlefsen <>
Subject updating with <jsp:setProperty property="*" />
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2002 02:08:30 GMT
I realize that the spec says:

   If a request parameter has an empty or null value, the
   corresponding bean property is not set.

But, is there a way to make this work for updates when you actually
want to remove a value from the bean?

Lets say I have a contact manager app and I want to delete a value from
a field (for example, my colleague no longer has a phone extension). I
delete the value from the form and submit to a page that uses:

   <jsp:setProperty name="mybean" property="*" />

Since the phone extension field is now empty or null, that new value
never gets passed to my bean.

Does anyone have a way around this short of setting each property

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>