tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: no re-load of indirect class
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:51:48 GMT

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Joel Rees wrote:

> Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:41:24 +0900
> From: Joel Rees <joel@alpsgiken.gr.jp>
> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: no re-load of indirect class
>
> Indirectly referred classes don't seem to get reloaded. Is this a known
> behavior?
>
> I have one class referencing another before going out to a jsp page, and I
> have to shut tomcat down and bring it back up after re-compiling the
> indirectly referred class, to get the changes to have any effect.
>
> Is this just another of those things I'm being thick-headed about?

Depends on the Tomcat version, and where your classes are.

If you're using Tomcat 4, and all the relevant classes are in
/WEB-INF/classes or /WEB-INF/lib, this should work fine.  I know for sure
that the Tomcat 3.2 webapp class loader didn't deal with stuff like this
very well.  Don't know about 3.3.

> Joel Rees
> Alps Giken Kansai Systems Develoment
> Suita, Osaka