tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dr. Evil" <dre...@sidereal.kz>
Subject Request.getHeader(String) and multiple headers with the same name...
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:21:38 GMT

If you were designing a Web browser you probably wouldn't put in
multiple headers with the same name, because that might confuse all
kinds of servers.  Unfortunately, not all Web browser designers have
thought along these lines, and so I am having to deal with a header
that looks like this:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: yermom.com
Accept: text/vnd.wap.wml
Accept: text/vnd.wap.wmlscript

followed by even more Accept: and accept: headers.  In my opinion,
this is broken behavior on the part of the browser, but there's
nothing I can do about that.  This is from a Siemens ME45 phone, btw.

When I use Request.getHeader() on this thing, I only get the first
one, which is "text/vnd.wap.wml", which doesn't help me know what kind
of images, etc, I can send to this lovely device.

Is there a way to make Tomcat get all the headers with on name, or do
I have to do something else?

Thanks