tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "jay n gaba" <jayg...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Using JNDIRealm with password digesting and Netscape Directory Structure
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:47:11 GMT

Hi
Has anyone solved the following problem regarding the digest password

please give me some hint;

thanks

regards
jay

Hi,

> I'm trying to use tomcat's JNDIRealm with OpenLDAP. I've
converted my
> passwords to digest format in the LDAP directory instead of
plain text.

> Apparently, tomcat only excepts only hex formatted password
where openLDAP
> provides passwords of the format
> {crypt}XXXXX where crypt = { SHA, MD, ... } and XXX is a base64
encoded
> integer.
>
> Is there a way to configure tomcat to accept this format of
passwords? If
> so does this require any recompilation of
> tomcat?

Supporting passwords in this format (with the leading {foo} prefix)
is
high on my TODO list of enhancements for JNDIRealm -- along with
other
improvements -- but it hasn't been done yet.