tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "jay n gaba" <jayg...@rediffmail.com>
Subject problem configuring security appn with Netscape Directory Structure
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:36:24 GMT

hi
I am trying to run the sample security example (i.e http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/security/protected/)
using netscape directory structure.I can connect to ldap but while trying to connect to the
application I receive an invalid user or password error.
I have successfully connected through an ldap browser.
Netscape Directory server has been configured to use the SHA algorithm for encrypting the
passwords.I read some previous archives which suggests that there is some problem while comparing
the passwords.I have tried removing passwords but still it throws the same error.

Can anyone give me some direction on this.??? I have pasted below the realm configuration
and a sample entry in the ldap. I have used the sample entry given by the tomcat site.

Thanks in advance

Jay

<Realm   className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
	connectionName="cn=tomcat,o=abc.org"
	connectionPassword="tomcat"
	connectionURL="ldap://abc2.xyz.org:8389/o=abc.org"
	roleBase="cn=roles,o=abc.org"
	roleName="cn"
	roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
	roleSubtree="false"