tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Filters running twice!!!
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:59:29 GMT

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Terrence Szeto wrote:

> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:54:21 -0500
> From: Terrence Szeto <t3szeto@hotmail.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Filters running twice!!!
>
> Thanks Craig
>
> I reordered the xml file.
>
> I noticed in the log file it does complain about the web.xml file, but it
> still let me run the webapp.  It doesn't complain about that now.

Hmm, that's supposed to be a fatal error ...

> however that didn't really do much for the filter problem.
>
> What would normally cause the webapp to be initialized twice?
> Would any sort of configuration of the server.xml? web.xml? or something
> within the JSP pages I have?

It's certainly possible to have more than one <Context> element for the
same webapp -- for instance, adding something like this to a standard
Context distribution will cause the appearance of initializing the ROOT
webapp twice:

  <Context path="/anothercopy" docBase="ROOT" ... />

But that would only cause the filters to all be initialized twice.  It
wouldn't cause them to be executed twice on a request (which is what I
assume you are seeing???).

> Thanks,
>
> Terrence Szeto
> Cybermation