tomcat-users mailing list archives

From g..@heaven.club.ne.jp
Subject mod_rewrite+mod_webapp
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 01:22:50 GMT
As Nobody responds and as I am desperatly seeking answer here I am reposting my mail.

Hi, as  I am Newbie in Tomcat,I have a big problem with Rewriting to tomCat from Apache.
Please send me you suggestions if you can.
I have installed Apache(with mod_rewrite) + Tomcat4 with mod_webapp.
In httpd.conf my settings goes
{Let us suggest that our server Name is test.com}
Load webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
Addmodule mod_webapp.c
<Virtual Host ....>
ServerName test.com
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp test.com:8008
WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule .* /Jump
</VirtualHost>

and I want that every request coming to test.com like http://test.com/blahblahblah to be redirected
to Java servlet script /Jump,but when I write URL like as:
http://test.com/blahblahblah
Apache says HTTP Error 404
when I access like :
http://test.com/examples/servlet/Jump