tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dong Wenyu <wydon...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to configure Tomcat 4.01 + Apache http server 1.3.19 work?
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 15:04:54 GMT

I have been confused for weeks about Tomcat 4.01 +
Apache http server 1.3.19.

1, Does Tomact 4.01 alone support servlet already?
Does it necessary to install JServ in addition as the
case with Tomcat 3.x?

2, Many books recommend the configuration of Tomcat +
pache http server. Does it make any sense? Couldn't
Tomcat 4.01 alone serve as a http server?

3, Anyone would give me instructions to connect Tomcat
4.01 + Apache http server 1.3.19 ?  Or is there
webpages to find them?

Thank you very much in advance.

sincerely,
Dong Wenyu