tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wyn Easton <wyneas...@yahoo.com>
Subject How set:Property works?
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 21:06:14 GMT
I've got a simple JSP that has the use bean and set
property tags like this:

<jsp:useBean id="MyCart" scope="session"
class="CartBean">
<jsp:setProperty name="MyCart" property="*" />
</jsp:useBean>

Later in the FORM tag, I use the MyCart bean to
populate the input fields like this:

<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="phone" SIZE="25"
VALUE="<%=MyCart.getPhone()%>">

I fill in the FORM stuff and the first time I POST
back to the same JSP all of the form data is set in
the bean. When I change the data and POST again, I
still have the same data that I had the first time.
Does the set:Property only set the Bean variables if
the Bean is being create for the first time?
Or, should I have the latest form data in the Bean
every time I hit the submit button and post back to
the same JSP.

Thanks.

BTW-I'm using Tomcat 3.2.2