tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <l...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Custom Auth for JDBC Realm server xml help 3.3-m4
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 22:20:56 GMT
Hello All,

How do I direct Tomcat via the server.xml file to use a custom class for
JDBC auth with Tomcat 3.3-m4?  Do I need to switch to 4.0 to use a custom
auth class?  I understand that in 4.0 it is easy to set the <realm
class=.../> entry but 4.0 has a bug that I want to avoid for now.

I've created a custom class called TMSJDBCRealm which extends BaseRealm and
placed it into the tomcat_modules.jar.

I then tried to add the entry <TMSJDBCRealm ... /> just after the
<CredentialsInterceptor /> entry but Tomcat does not appear to be calling my
class.  When I go to a protected url I do get the basic login box but
entering a user name and password avail nothing.  I also look for my debug
info to scroll past on the server and nothing is there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lon Palmer