tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Guillermo Payet <gpa...@oceangroup.com>
Subject Re: triggering JSP page recompilation
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 19:34:13 GMT
> You don't have to touch all the files.  Just the JSP that contains the
> include directive.  Tomcat uses the date of the JSP file to determine if it
> needs to be recompiled.  If it does, then it will re-read any included
> files.

Therefore... I have to touch all files, since all JSP files include
the file that was modified.  As I mentioned before, GNUJSP keeps a
record of what files include what, and if told to, recompiles all
including files when an included file changes.  I wonder if there
is a way to make Tomcat act this way.  We have 4 people working on
a project that has about 50 JSP pages, and they all include
header, footer, menu, and other JSP included files.  Having one
person do a "touch *.jsp" whenever he tweaks "lib/header.jsp" is
a bit disruptive.

	--G