tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Madonna <>
Subject RE: mySQL/JDBC/Tomcat4 documentation
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:37:28 GMT
Thanks everyone. I think I've got the "no sutible driver" thing fixed. Now
there's an SQL exception being thrown. Could be a programmer thing... I'm
going to get with our developers tomorrow to see if we can't get to the
bottom of this. Thanks again.

I actually found a pretty good page put together for OSX:

It's actually pretty useful for anyone running tomcat.

Also the mm.mysql README was pretty helpful to:

Thx again!

-----Original Message-----
From: DingHui []
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 6:34 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: mySQL/JDBC/Tomcat4 documentation

The following code demonstrate how to initilize MYSQL JDBC driver.

try {
  } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {

  try {
   Connection con =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost/mydata", "username",
   Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
   ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT NAME FROM TEST");
      // Display the SQL Results
         while( {

      // Make sure our database resources are released
   }catch (SQLException se) {
          // Inform user of any SQL errors
       System.out.println("SQL Exception: " + se.getMessage());