tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Schwoerer <j.schwoe...@web.de>
Subject Re: Can multiple URLs with a single IP address be mapped to discrete Applications in Tomcat 4.0?
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 11:01:15 GMT
hi,

i think you are looking for something called virtual hosts. tomcat can
do virtual hosts. look in the tomcat documentation after the host
directive.

jochen

Hello Micael,

Sunday, February 03, 2002, 7:46:13 AM, you wrote:

MPOmG> Clear question: No answers????

MPOmG> The subject, supra, asks the question.  If you have a number of URLs
MPOmG> pointed to a single IP address, can you map the URLs somehow to discrete
MPOmG> web applications in Tomcat 4.0?

MPOmG> I have read everything I know to read and cannot get the answer to this.  I
MPOmG> know I could do it with JBoss and Tomcat 3.2.4 and the context
MPOmG> manager.  But, I don't see that in Tomcat 4.0.  What's up?

MPOmG> Sure is hard to get a response to this question.  Have no idea
MPOmG> what.  Please don't tell me the stuff that is simple and covered like how
MPOmG> to set up directories, etc.  I know how to handle aliases, how to handle
MPOmG> multiple IP addresses on the same machine, etc.  My question is
MPOmG> specific.  How can I get, e.g. www.aaaaa.com and www.bbbbb.com when they
MPOmG> are pointed to a given IP address, 209.43.251.66 (for example), to map to
MPOmG> webapps/aaaaa and webapps/bbbbb?  Or, is this not now possible?

MPOmG> Some people have suggested that, since I don't know the answer to this, I
MPOmG> need to essentially take the classes I teach for fun.  Lord.  If only they
MPOmG> could answer the question instead of loading me with pompous self-righteous
MPOmG> drivel.  I do thank those who have tried.  I don't know where to look at
MPOmG> this point.  I may just write the classes to do it.

MPOmG> Micael

MPOmG> --
MPOmG> To unsubscribe:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
MPOmG> For additional commands: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>