tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Wadkin <j.wad...@hud.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Servlet POST results in 404 error
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:05:07 GMT
I'd appreciate a response on this! I've spent time searching the Net but
haven't turned up anything useful. I don't think I've misconfigured anything
in my server.xml or web.xml...
It's just the POST method that doesn't work - no idea why!

Suggestions please!!

Thanks,

John

-----Original Message-----
From: John Wadkin [mailto:j.wadkin@hud.ac.uk]
Sent: 26 February 2002 16:11
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: Servlet POST results in 404 error

All,

TomCat 4.0.1
Apache 1.3
mod_WebApp
Solaris 8

I have a servlet that returns a 404 error whenever a POST is sent. GET works
fine. The servlet uses sessions - not sure if this has anything to do with
it. My server.xml just defines a context and a logger. The web.xml has a
servlet name and mapping, nothing more.
The servlet was originally written for JServ - could this have something to
do with it?

There's nothing in the logs.

I'm not a servlet programmer so I have no ideas!

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

John