tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Wadkin <j.wad...@hud.ac.uk>
Subject RE: NullPointerException: causes?
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 14:58:10 GMT
Chinni,

Absolutely right!! What a muppet - I though that the "@host" part of the
connection string should be replaced with "ahost.domain.com" rather than
"@ahost.domain.com". I think it's old age - I'm approaching the quarter of a
century mark.

Thanks,

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Chinni.Venkateswara@epamail.epa.gov
[mailto:Chinni.Venkateswara@epamail.epa.gov]
Sent: 31 January 2002 20:31
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: NullPointerException: causes?

I think DB_URL string making should be   jdbc:oracle:thin:
@111.22.333.44:1521:SID
looks like yor are missing '@' symbol.

-Chinni.

                    John Wadkin

                    <j.wadkin@hud        To:     "Tomcat Users List
(E-mail)"
                    .ac.uk>              <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                         cc:

                    01/31/02             Subject:     NullPointerException:
causes?
                    11:40 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    Tomcat Users

                    List

Can anyone offer any suggestions about the cause of the attached
NullPointerException trace?

I've managed to setup and integrate Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 4.1 using
mod_WebApp on Solaris 8 (JDK 1.3). I ran the attached servlet (which I
didn't write) with the hope of testing that everything was working ok,
especially the Oracle/JDBC bit.

As far as I can tell, everything is configured properly...

The general aim is for me to verify that everything works (using the
attached servlet) before trying to deploy a second, more complex servlet
that's currently running under JServ.

Apologies if this is a frequent question but I've only been able to find
vague references to it, and I'm only a novice Java programmer!

Thanks,

John

Quote for the week:

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation
which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.

Ronald Reagan, Radio microphone test, 11 Aug. 1984

(See attached file: error.txt)(See attached file: DatabaseCheck.java)--