tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Maxim Souponia <m.soupo...@VAZ.RU>
Subject Dummie tryes to make cocoon 1.8.2 work
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:45:05 GMT
Hello,
I'm trying to make Cocoon1.8.2 work on Tomcat4.0.2 and J2SDK1.4,
as they say in installation guide, i've copied web.xml to
cocoon/WEB-INF. web.xml contains following code:

<web-app>
 <servlet>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>properties</param-name>
   <param-value>WEB-INF/cocoon.properties</param-value>
  </init-param>
 </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

Then i've copied cocoon.properties to cocoon/WEB-INF.
This supposed to be a last thing to do, but cocoon
says: Unable to open resource: WEB-INF/cocoon.properties,
java.io.FileNotFoundException.

I've tryied many combinations of writing path into <param-value>
and copying cocoon.properties to different folders, but cocoon never
can find cocoon.properties.

Does anyone can tell me what am i doing wrong? I guess there is just a
little thing i've missed, but i have no idea at all what could it be.

Thanks for any help!

PS: If anyone has successfully installed cocoon 2.0.2, i'd really
appreciate any help, because i could not make it work also, always got
language exception that's not described in any FAQs.