tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Catalin <cata...@quattrosoft.ro>
Subject URGENT! PLEASE.. STRANGE COMPILING ERROR
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:52:27 GMT
Hello everyone!

I have installed Apache_Tomcat_4.0 (on a win2k OS and jdk1.3.1 support). I have a web
application with servlets. I can't compile any more servlets (I
usually compile with an IDE). The main errors are:

C:\Apache_Tomcat_4.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\myServlet.java:4: package javax.servlet
does not exist
import javax.servlet.*;
^
C:\Apache_Tomcat_4.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\myServlet.java:5: package javax.servlet.http
does not exist
import javax.servlet.http.*;
^

line 4 and 5 of my servlet are:

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

The strange thing is that the "javax" package (and all the classes)
are in the same directory with myServlet.java and I can compile
other java applications that servlets.
I don't see how this is happening.!!!
I compiled in text mode (javac myServlet.java) the same errors. I
uninstalled the jdk1.3.1 and I'have installed again, I verified the
system variables and they are correct. The erors persists.
A few days ago this error wasn't on compiling the very same servlet.
 I have another PC with exactly the same settings like my machine and
 all is OK on that PC
What happened? Please can anyone help me?

Thanks for any tip!

Catalin