tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tom...@shwango.com
Subject Re: Mapping multiple hosts to single Host
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:16:05 GMT
Correct.  We're currently using the host settings in server.xml which match
virtual hosts in Apache.  I've done some testing with Apache aliases, but the
host passed in is the alias which is not in server.xml - tested using
RequestHeaderExample.  What we need to do is to add additional domain mappings
without adding Apache or Tomcat configs.  For example if *.xyz.com is being
handled through Apache, how can that be sent to Tomcat via mod_webapp.  I've
tested using name based virtual hosting with Apache, but not IP based, without
success.  I was hoping that the "defaultHost" setting would send any requests
from hosts not defined in <Host>s to the default, but that doesn't seem to be
the case.  Thanks!