tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Self <>
Subject A Classpath problem
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 20:27:28 GMT
I'm trying to run a jsp which requires a class called UserData. I put
the UserData.class file in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes
and restarted Tomcat. But I get an error that tells me it doesn't know
what UserData is.

I notice that when I start up Tomcat it says "Using CLASSPATH:

I have the following in my /etc/profile:

The jsp that is looking for the class is this:
<jsp:useBean id="user" class="UserData" scope="session"/>
<jsp:setProperty name="user" property="*"/>

This is an exercise in a JSP tutorial I'm practicing on.
Jeff Self
Information Technology Analyst
Department of Personnel
City of Newport News