tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Press, Michael" <Michael.Pr...@Artesia.com>
Subject Help with url-pattern in web.xml
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:09:19 GMT
Where can I find the definition for valid entries in the url-pattern element
of the servlet-mapping in web.xml?  I can't find much in the tomcat (4.0.1)
documentation.

Specificallly, I want to enter these mappings:

    *.action --> (servlet A)
    creator/*.action -> (servlet B)
    librarian/*.action -> (servlet C)

The first pattern works fine.  When I use
<url-pattern>creator/*.action</url-pattern> or even
<url-pattern>creator*.action</url-pattern>, I get the error "Invalid
<url-pattern> creator*.action in servlet mapping"

Help with this specific problem is appreciated, but I'm also interested in
finding a reference for web.xml - a document or DTD that defines/describes
the possible URL patterns.

Thanks