tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Niven <>
Subject RE: tomcat waiting in linux
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:32:02 GMT

That looks OK to my newbie-ish eyes.  Put another way, that's what I get on
a Windows box, and my setup works OK.

> which looks wrong since I am trying to run it just
> Standalone.  Does it come pre configured to run with apache?
I'll defer answering that to someone who knows what they're talking about ;)
but like I say, I get the "Starting servive Tomcat-Apache" lines on my
console at startup.

> I load up Konqueror and goto http://localhost:8080/ and
> which comes back with > "cannot connect
> to localhost port 8080".  Tomcat should work fine with the
> above verisons right?
You mentioned you installed Tomcat from the RPM?  If so, I think you may
need to use port 8180, not 8080 - check the archives.  Based on the
"Starting services..." messages above, I think Tomcat is running OK.  I'm
not a *nix person - is there a handy command to list activity on all ports
that you could run?  Check if there's an unusual port active in the 8000's

> Thanks,
> Robert
Hope that helps,

John Niven