tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.1 Performance tuning problems
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 00:13:55 GMT
> I tried this (not in a live-situation, but with ab), but I don't see any
> difference. I can't reproduce the situation with ab. But it's still
> happening in the live-server. Could it be 150 processors isn't enough in
> our situation?

Maybe. It depends on the number of simultaneous users accessing the server.
If you go beyond what a single standalone Tomcat can provide (which is
constrained by your OS, usually), you have to set up some load balancing
(using JK and TC 4.0.2).

By your comments, I understand that you also get the "out of processors"
problem with the HTTP/1.0 connector. Is that right ?

> I would love the help you on this one, but I find it very hard to
> reproduce it :(

Same for me. That's why the bug is still not resolved :-(

> I'll do some more testing and keep you informed.

Thanks.

Remy