tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anja Falkner" <anja.falk...@fimedia.de>
Subject Re: No Suitable JDBC Driver Found when running Tomcat 4 .0 as NT service with JDK1.3.1_01
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:47:02 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Liu, Dongqi" <LiuD@divinvest.com>
To: <anja.falkner@fimedia.de>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 3:18 PM
Subject: RE: No Suitable JDBC Driver Found when running Tomcat 4 .0 as NT
service with JDK1.3.1_01

> Hi Anja,
>
> Thanks very much for your reply. I did as you suggested by adding the
> following line to my code:
>
> Class.forName("COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver").newInstance();
>
> This time I get a different error, which I don't know how to resolve.
> The error is:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> C:\SQLLIB\bin\db2jdbc.dll: Access is denied
> at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:240)
> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
> at

sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcces
> sorImpl.java:42)
> at

sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstruc
> torAccessorImpl.java:30)
> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:277)
> at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:301)
> at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:254)
> at

com.aegon.arch.service.documentmanagement.provider.storage.impl.PermanentSto
> rageServiceImpl.<clinit>(PermanentStorageServiceImpl.java:22)
>
> How can I make db2jdbc.dll accessible to tomcat service? I checked the
> db2jdbc.dll file,
> and the security is wide open(Full Control for everyone),
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> -dongqi
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or
entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information and/or
attachments that are privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law.  If the reader of this transmission is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
dissemination, distribution, duplication or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of this transmission by someone other than the
intended addressee o
> r its designated agent is strictly prohibited.  If your receipt of this
transmission is in error, please notify the sender by replying immediately
to this transmission and destroy the transmission.  Thank you.