tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.2 Fails to Start
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:31:40 GMT
> I installed the recent tomcat 4.0.2 rpms on a system which had a
> functioning tomcat 4.0.1 system (also installed from rpms). When I tried
> restart tomcat I get the following error:
>
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /var/tomcat4
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /var/tomcat4
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /var/tomcat4/temp
> Using JAVA_HOME:       /opt/IBMJava2-13
> Using CLASSPATH:
> :/opt/IBMJava2-13/jre/lib/rt.jar:/var/tomcat4/bin/bootstrap.jar
> Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
> java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or directory
>         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
>         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:111)
>         at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:121)
>         at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:88)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.validateJarFile(ClassLoaderFa
ctory.java:319)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoader
Factory.java:242)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:144)
>
> Something changed and after spending most of a day trying various options,
> I have not been successful at finding a solution. Can someone suggest a
> fix? Or the correct paragraph in the documentation to read? Or even the
> correct document?

It could be one of the JARs may be corrupted.
I didn't test the RPM packaging, so I don't know if there's a problem with
it.

Remy