tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Uma Maheswar" <h...@globalleafs.com>
Subject integer value
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:31:36 GMT
Hi,
I have a doubt, I have a form that has name and his phone number, both the fields are optional.
I declared name as VARCHAR and number as INTEGER in my SQL database. When the user leaves
the fild empty, I get an error with the number field as NumberFormatException.

So , What I need to do now is, when the user leaves the field null or blank, I wanted to insert
a default value into the database. For eg.

If(number == null)
{
    number = 000000;
}
if(name==null)
{
    name="tomcat";
}

I know the number if statement will give error.But could you please help me with this?

Uma