tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Uma Maheswar" <h...@globalleafs.com>
Subject Writing a bean
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:31:29 GMT
Hi,
I wanted to write a java bean inside my JSP programme. My requirement is like this

<%
Connection con = (.........);
statement = con.createStatement();
request.getParameter(name);
request.getParameter(phone);
rs = st.executeQuery("select * from uma where name="+name);
if(rs.next())
{
    out.println("name is present in db");
    printContent();
}
else
{
    int x = st.executeUpdate(insert into uma values('"+name+"','"+phone+"');
}
%>
<%
public void printContent()
{
    I wanted to do some printing stuff here basically HTML coding.
}
%>

The printContent() method is giving me errors. I get Statement Expected near the above method.
Can any one help me? If there is any other way could any one tell me what it is?

Uma