tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "john bell" <jbell...@btclick.com>
Subject org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:07:58 GMT
Hi,

Running a web application on Tomcat 3.3 and trying to move to  Tomcat 4.0.2 and now get these
errors.

C:\ApacheTomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2\work\localhost\coffee\jsp\control\homecont$jsp.java:8:

Class or interface declaration expected.
import javax.servlet.*;
^

C:\ApacheTomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2\work\localhost\coffee\jsp\control\homecont$jsp.java:14:

Superclass org.apache.jsp.HttpJspBase of class org.apache.jsp.homecont$jsp not found.
public class homecont$jsp extends HttpJspBase {

I guess it it some thing very basic - I have looked.

John.