tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "fusterjj" <ju...@dotecengineering.com>
Subject Internal Server Error with METHOD:POST
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:25:47 GMT
Hello everyone,
I am trying to do a simple servlet with an html form using the POST method. The html form
is just a simple input form where the user enters 4 fields of data. The HTML invokes the taskserv,
wich is the servlet with the post method and the driver connection to mysql database in order
to insert the data in the database. The problem is that I am getting an Internal Server Error
which says:
Cannot allocate servlet instance for path /servlet/taskserv; however the servlet is inside
the WEB-INF directory and inside the CLASSES folder, so it should not have any problem to
find the class. I have changed the code a couple of times but I am getting the same error.
Does anyone know why is this happening?? Is there has to be with  my Tomcat configuration
or the web.xml or the code???
I would really appreciate if you help me. If you are willing I can send you the code and the
Exception report to make it easier.

 Thank you all!!!