tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Shoberg" <jshob...@cbd.net>
Subject Catalina Beans - Class Path Problem
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 01:12:12 GMT
Short Version:

For some reason, I can not get my JSP pages to compile when loading a little
bean ... It is not reading web-inf/classes.  Although, it is reading
web-inf/web.xml

Long Version:

A)    Installed tomcat, got it running, all of the example programs work.
B)    I am building an application called "Gateway" I created
             ...../webapps/gateway
            ...../webapps/gateway/index.jsp   <--- works no problem
            ...../webapps/gateway/kw.jsp       <----  calls bean, has
problem

            <modified server.xml and reloaded ... my index.jsp works no
problem on this web app>

            ...../webapps/gateway/WEB-INF/
            ...../webapps/gatewayWEB-INF/web.xml   <--- this app is a
proteced resource, I know it is reading this properly

            ...../webapps/gateway/classes/
            ...../webapps/gateway/classes/gwclasses  <<---- gateway classes
and beans go in here
            ...../webapps/gateway/classes/gwclasses/words.java
            ...../webapps/gateway/classes/gwclasses/words.class   <<-----
yeah, testing my code with another ide first so I know it works

 C)    So from kw.jsp I cam calling a bean such as
            <jsp:useBean id="Words" scope="session" class="gwclasses.words"
/>

        So I understand this to be creating a bean with id "Words" from the
class "...../webapps/gateway/classes/gwclasses/words.class" in the kw.jsp.
However, I am getting a compiler error saying

        C:\apache\Tomcat4\work\localhost\gateway\kw$jsp.java:63: Class
gwclasses.words not found

Any thoughts ?

Thanks