tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George M. Coles" <>
Subject null DataSource when trying to get JNDI InitialContext
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:53:17 GMT
Hi all,
	I am using tomcat for the firs time. I have v. 4.02, using jdk 1.4.

I am attempting to deploy my app, which uses JNDI to look up a connection
for its data access. I am using DB2 I have  placed the db2 jdbc zip file in
my WEB-INF/libs dir. My server.xml looks like this:

				<Context path="/pl" docBase="E:/projects/fa/fa" debug="5"
					<Resource name="jdbc/PATHLINE" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource" description="Pathline Database">
						<ResourceParams name="jdbc/PATHLINE">

When I do my context lookup, which should return a DataSource, the
DataSource is null. I do not, however, get a naming exception, as I would
expect if the resource could not be found.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I am not quite knowlegeable enough
about JNDI or Tomcat to see where my problem is.

George Coles

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>