tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Brear" <chris.br...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Stopping apache serving up webapp content
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 01:57:53 GMT
Hi,

I've looked for an answer to this in the archives, but can't see one. Apologies if this is
an apache question.
I have an apache Tomcat 3.2.2 set-up, with a single webapp context. I use apache to serve
all static content, but many of the pages in the app sub directories have .htm extensions,
but provide dynamic content. I want to prevent all browser access to all directories under
the webapp root, (except a log in page).

The problem is if I restrict access via the apache conf file, the webapp stops working as
no 'static' content is served such as stylesheets and script files.

Does the answer lie in realms ? or is it an apache set-up problem ?

One solution I suppose is to stop apache serving static content, - but will users need to
authenticate all pages ?

Thanks