tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian O'Kelley" <cokel...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject HTTP Redirect, Mime Type, and IE
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:35:40 GMT
I apologize if this has already been answered.. I've looked around and
can't find anything that works.

I have a servlet, coming through Tomcat, that spits out PDF using FOP.
So far so good.
However, it requires the user to login first. If the user isn't logged
in, it redirects the user to an HTML page.

If I login, go to the page and generate a PDF file, then things are
fine. Up pops Acrobat.
If I then restart Tomcat to zap the session, and hit refresh, I see the
redirect happen on the server side, but IE pops up with an error. It
just shows a little broken image picture. I can do a view source, and I
see
height=100% fullscreen=yes src="
<http://192.168.1.1/servlet/blah?blah=20>
http://192.168.1.1/servlet/blah?blah=20"></body></html>

Any ideas on what's happening here? I was speculating that it was
ignoring the redirect, since I don't see the second request come into
Tomcat. So what's the deal?

Thanks in advance,
Brian