tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Millson" <...@atsga.com>
Subject startup script
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 19:05:15 GMT
I have installed final release 4.0.1 binary on my RH7.1 Linux ver. 2.4.9-21
system and am splicing together a startup script from some examples I have
found. A couple of questions:

My script references a file called  /var/run/tomcat.pid. I don't have this
file on my system. Do I need to create it? It looks like it's just a file w/
a # in it, the process id I gather? What process id should I give tomcat?

Also, the script references /var/lock/subsys/tomcat4, another file I don't
have. Do I need to create it? If so, what goes inside this file?

Thank you,
Mike