tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George Shafik" <gsha...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject ASP and JSP with no redirection
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 01:56:37 GMT
Hi All,

Just wondering if there is another way to integrate both JSP and ASP
together in the one page without redirection through a specific port.

Is it possible to combine both an ASP and JSP page together thus giving you
the ability to access a COM and EJB object on the same page ?

I know this sounds crazy but if it is possible then I would imagine its
something that needs to  be configured at the web server level such that
each Object method request is handled by its respective web server.

foo.JSP
<%

     ... myEJBBean.Method() ...
     ...myASPObj.Method()...

%>

Lets say our example is implemented on a JSP page then Tomcat/Apache will
need to know about IIS such that it passes the processing of
"myASPObj.Method() " to IIS. (no redirection)

Many thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards,
George Shafik