tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lasse Hillerøe Petersen <...@toft-hp.dk>
Subject RE: Unpack WARs
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:40:28 GMT
>Hi,
>
>I'm no professional user of tomcat, but i had the same problem in TC401.
>I had to unpack the war manually in the webapp-dir. It seemed to me to
>be a simple bug in tomcat, and was (almost) confirmed as the "bug" was
>fixed in TC402b2.

I had the same problem today. I reinstalled an application, which had been
working fine on a Linux box, on a solaris box, and made some changes in the
process. On the Linux box, I had left the Standalone service enabled on
some port, but on the Solaris box I removed the service completely from
server.xml.

In bugzilla (bug 4091) I found a suggestion to change docbase from ROOT to
ROOT.war (in my case), however this gave other problems. Putting back in
the standalone service fixed the problem. I suppose this is because the
standalone does the right thing, and then when the Apache (WARP-based)
service starts, the WAR has already been unpacked. I am glad to hear that
this will be fixed in 4.0.2.

-Lasse