tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stan <tom...@stanlink.net>
Subject getServletContext() returning null...
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:38:42 GMT
I have a servlet in which I am trying to pass control to a JSP page to
conform with the JSP Model 2 scenario. I am using Tomcat 3.3 under Win98 and
have setup a webapp (jforum) with the config files as listed below. For some
reason when I try to obtain the ServletContext for the servlet in order to
dispatch the request over to the JSP I get null back from the
getServletContext() call. Is there anything in the configuration I have
supplied which would stop this context being created appropriately? I would
presume that a servlet would necessarily be part of a ServletContext, and
therefore it couldn't return null, but perhaps I am wrong.

Any help much appreciated, as this is driving me up the wall!

Stan

tomcat/conf/app-jforum.xml:
---------------------------
<webapps>
    <Context path="/jforum"
             docBase="webapps/jforum"
             debug="9" />
</webapps>

tomcat/webapps/jforum/WEB-INF/web.xml:
--------------------------------------

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

<web-app>
    <display-name>JForum</display-name>
    <description>
	A web-based forum system, allowing threaded topics.
    </description>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            jforum